When you are traveling, a mishap can happen at any time. Your flight may get canceled or your baggage may get lost while checking in. In such situations, immediate travel insurance comes to your rescue and provides financial coverage against the unplanned expenses.
Immediate travel insurance is an approved and affordable travel insurance for travelers that covers unforeseen events immediately after the final check-in or even before leaving for the journey. Immediate travel insurance policies come with a 24/7 support system with trained advisors who help you to understand the type of policy you need, its cost, and what conditions need to be fulfilled for applying for it.
Table of Contents
What is immediate travel insurance?
Immediate travel insurance is a travel insurance policy that is effective and takes effect right after the traveler has checked in or after the boarding call. This travel insurance policy is meant for travelers who are afraid of losing out on their trip if they miss or postpone their trip due to an unplanned medical situation.
This travel insurance policy is useful for people who have to attend a mandatory conference or seminar and want to make sure that they get compensated for any unplanned medical expense. So, if you are traveling to a foreign country, it is advisable to buy immediate travel insurance. This will help you in case of any emergency.
How to buy immediate travel insurance?
Immediate travel insurance can be bought online or through your travel agent. The first step in buying an immediate travel insurance is filling up the online travel insurance application form.
You will be asked to provide general information about yourself and your travel plans. If you are visiting a foreign country, you will have to provide a couple of additional details that you will be asked to provide at the time of buying the policy. You will then receive a policy confirmation email.
After receiving the policy confirmation, you need to get it printed and keep it safe until the journey ends. You must keep in mind that the policy is not valid until you have printed it. After buying the policy, you will be provided with a policy ID number that you will have to provide at the time of making a claim.
Who needs immediate travel insurance?
If you are traveling to a foreign country, it is advisable to buy Immediate Travel Insurance. This type of travel insurance will help you in case of any emergency such as medical problems, death in the family, natural calamities, loss or damage to baggage, flights getting canceled, etc. – Business Travelers: Immediate travel insurance is especially beneficial for businessmen who have to travel to different countries and cities frequently.
If they are visiting a foreign country, they need to buy travel insurance. It is advisable to buy immediate travel insurance.
– Students: Students have to travel to attend seminars and conferences regularly. If they have to visit a foreign country, it is advisable to buy immediate travel insurance. It will help you in case of any emergency.
– Families: If you are traveling with your family, you will have to buy a single policy that covers all members traveling with you. It is advisable to buy immediate travel insurance.
– Senior Citizens: Senior citizens are more prone to medical emergencies because of their age. Therefore, it is very important to buy immediate travel insurance when you are traveling. It will help in case of any emergency.
Benefits of Immediate Travel Insurance
If you are buying immediate travel insurance, you will get benefits such as reimbursement for canceled flights, medical expenses, and medical emergencies. Immediate travel insurance will cover any unplanned medical emergency, death in the family, loss of baggage, etc. You will be reimbursed for the expenses incurred due to a medical emergency such as visiting the doctor or buying medication. Immediate travel insurance will cover the cost of a canceled flight, if the flight has been canceled because of weather conditions, technical problems, etc.
Is there any cost involved in buying an immediate travel insurance?
The cost of immediate travel insurance varies from travel insurance provider to provider. You can compare the rates of several travel insurance providers and choose the one that suits your budget. You can use an online travel insurance tool to compare the rates of immediate travel insurance. You will have to provide general information about yourself and your travel plans and the online tool will provide you with the best travel insurance policy available in the market.
Few things you must know before buying an Immediate Travel Insurance
– Your medical history: Travel insurance providers will review your medical history before you are offered a policy. If you are suffering from any chronic disease, it is important to disclose it to the travel insurance provider.
– Age: While buying immediate travel insurance, you must provide your correct age. If you provide your incorrect age, you will pay a higher premium.
– Travel duration: If you are visiting a foreign country, the travel insurance policy will cover you for a maximum of 90 days. If you have to stay in a foreign country for more than 90 days, you will have to buy a long-term travel insurance policy.
– Precautions: It is important to take precautions while traveling. You have to be careful while traveling during monsoon and typhoon seasons, while visiting areas affected by an epidemic, and while crossing a border with a disease like yellow fever.
Immediate travel insurance is a travel insurance policy that is effective and takes effect immediately after the traveler has checked in or after the boarding call. This travel insurance policy is meant for travelers who are afraid of losing out on their trip if they miss, or postpone their trip due to an unplanned medical situation. If you are traveling to a foreign country, it is advisable to buy immediate travel insurance. This will help you in case you have to claim any medical emergency. Therefore, you should buy immediate travel insurance to avoid any unexpected expenses.