Companies shipping goods from South Korea to the US carefully plan this process to save as much as possible on delivery. The overall shipping expenses depend on multiple factors:
- Which shipping method you choose;
- Which route you prefer;
- At what time the cargo will be transported;
- When you book containers.
To get the cheapest estimate for shipping from Korea to USA, consult with specialists from the 3PL company PartnerTrade, who thoroughly know all the logistics and regularly organize the transportation of goods along these routes.
Table of Contents
Main Shipping Methods
Since South Korea is located on a peninsula and has access to the mainland only through North Korea, the main modes of delivery of international cargo are air and sea freight. Combined methods are also possible, when part of the route is overcome by sea, then by rail or road, and then again by sea or by plane.
Time Spent for Transportation
The fastest shipping method is air freight. You will get the ordered goods shortly since flights are carried out 6 times a week. A full door-to-door delivery cycle will take from 7 to 10 days.
The duration of ocean freight depends on several factors:
- Do you ship to the East or West Coast of the United States? Delivery to West, New York will take on average 5‒15 days longer than to East, Los Angeles.
- Will you use a full container shipping method or a consolidated one? Full Container Loads (FCL) will arrive on average 10‒20 days faster than consolidated cargo and will take 25 to 45 days to the East and 40 to 60 days to the West.
Additional Services from PartnerTrade You May Need
In addition to organizing the transportation of your goods, PartnerTrade offers full warehousing services for storing a batch of delivered goods. Whether you need warehouses in Los Angeles or New York, you will be provided with the required space. Also, the 3PL company is engaged in paperwork, customs clearance, and delivery of goods to the port/airport and from there to the address you specified.
Use the services of PartnerTrade, which perfectly knows all the stages and routes of shipping and has well-established contacts with all parties involved in this process.