Mobile app development requires a lot of money. Therefore, if you understand that your business needs such a product, but you currently do not have enough budget, then we recommend that you consider creating a web application. The development of the latter is much cheaper than the creation of a full-fledged mobile application. Check out the Web development course for full details.
Table of Contents
What Is a Web Application
The web application is an app that runs in the browser (it does not need to be downloaded and installed on the device) and consists of two parts:
- The client part is the browser or visual-interface part of the application.
- The server part is invisible to the user, it is located on the servers, processes data, receives user requests, and sends a response to the visual interface part.
The Benefits of Web Applications for Business
Sometimes it is worth giving preference to working with a web application development company like https://yellow.systems/web-app-development-company than developing a full-fledged mobile version. Here are the main benefits of web applications:
- Reducing the cost: Developers do not have to create new versions for different operating systems. The web application works in any modern browser and does not depend on the operating system installed on the user’s device.
- Safety: The web application has one common entry point, so security is ensured easily.
- Convenience: Users can interact with the web application from different devices, including mobile phones and tablets. The main condition is that the user’s device must be connected to the Internet. You do not have to create a separate version for a computer and for a smartphone.
- Ease of control: This is ensured by the fact that the web application does not need to be downloaded to the device – the user gets access to it directly in the browser. This simplifies the process of implementing updates. The latter will become relevant immediately when the page is loaded. In the case of a mobile application, the user has to download the update package.
Today, web applications are used for almost the same purposes as conventional mobile applications. With the help of such resources, users can exchange information, make transactions, read news, subscribe, communicate, create files, etc.
How Web Applications for Business Are Developed
The process of creating consists of several stages:
- Creation of a concept after analyzing the specifics of the customer’s business and the market. First, experts conduct market analysis and study competitors. This allows you to understand their strengths and weaknesses – thanks to which you can come to an understanding of how to effectively solve the client’s problems. Also, an analysis of the market, target audience, and business features allows you to make the web application as convenient as possible for the end-user.
- User interface development – UI/UX design. The specialist creates a working prototype of a future web application. The prototype is sent to the customer for approval. After that, the designer passes the prototype to the developer to write the code. Also, it would be best to have a trustworthy UX design service that could bring you timely and positive results
- Testing. The tester evaluates potential errors and bugs in the web application, checks whether the newly added function interferes with the old one, etc. Thanks to testing, it is possible to find potential flaws even before the release of the web application. Otherwise, we would have to fix bugs after the release – which would require additional financial investments from the customer and a waste of the budget.
- Release and support. This may include adding new functions (for example, a payment module, communication with technical support, etc.) depending on the wishes of the customer.
A web application is a useful Internet resource that runs in a browser and offers users a wide range of interaction options. The main feature is the absence of the need to download and install it on the device. You can order the development of a web application if your budget is insufficient for a full-fledged mobile application. At the same time, a web application can perform almost the same functions and provides many business benefits.